MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable email notification for subscribed forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

in mybb we have an option to subscribe to individual threads or to an entire forum/section...

while subscribing to individual threads we have an option to enable/disable email notification for new replies posted to that thread.

but is it possible to enable/disable email notification for new threads while subscribing to an entire section like "MyBB 1.6 General Support"

if there is an setting to achieve this please let me know. if we dont have any such option, then why is it like that. why cant we opt out of email notifications for forum subscriptions too just like the thread subscriptions.
I think you should suggest this feature in MyBB 1.8
if this is is not available currently then its a useful feature to be added to 1.8
removing subscription to both forums and threads is possible through user control panel (eg. forum subscriptions & threads subscription)
no buddy.... i dont want to remove subscription but only the email notification for both forum subscriptions & threads subscriptions Smile
sure, it will reduce server load too Smile
He's right. Forum subscription don't offer the choice. I never noticed that as I discourage or even remove forum subscriptions.
I think the logic behind this is you're far more likely to actually check the forum for new posts than go to your User CP, click on Forum Subscriptions, then look if the forum has new posts. On an active forum it can be preferred to subscribe to a thread without email notifications (so you're not spammed if the thread suddenly gets 100 replies) and periodically check your thread subscriptions for any new content.
yes Nathan... when there is a huge number of new threads posted to a section on an active forum, it floods the inbox with emails which can be avoided if given the choice to opt out of email notifications.

and we can check our User CP to check the forum subscriptions as and when required....