MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing from Front instead ACP !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
like in Vbulletin 5 we can edit lots of things from front-end, why shouldn't have this feature on mybb 2.0.
see vbulletin website's demo version free for two day's for more information on it...
thanks,
@kartic
that's why vbulletin in complex and mybb is light.

now mybb have most features needed for the forum, better we have to think of plugin for extra features
hi feastboy,
i know this is heavy to load vbulletin but it is more comfortable to modify site and theme easily. but mybb 2.0 would be best maybe because it's team using yii and some more new things.
anyways thanks your reply feastboy.... Smile
(2013-10-08, 11:15 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]hi feastboy,
i know this is heavy to load vbulletin but it is more comfortable to modify site and theme easily. but mybb 2.0 would be best maybe because it's team using yii and some more new things.
anyways thanks your reply feastboy.... Smile

Good god. Do you really want to add that much code into the core? If so, you're nuts.
As a side note, Yii is not confirmed as much anymore. Some team members have found frameworks they prefer more, but don't quote me on whether or not it gets used in the end.
(2013-10-08, 11:59 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Good god. Do you really want to add that much code into the core? If so, you're nuts.
As a side note, Yii is not confirmed as much anymore. Some team members have found frameworks they prefer more, but don't quote me on whether or not it gets used in the end.

hmm... i read it... so yii is not sure but any other is fine. we all want fast and good looking mybb.
can i suggest ES(Elastic Search) for mybb. i know it is for very big sites like seach engine.. but what if mybb use it. Smile
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.