MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add to profile feature from a custom php page...is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone...im back again with more questions as I dig deeper and depper into php / mysql /mybb code...

So far with the help of everyone here and spending 37 hours straight working on the site in the span of 2 days, I have been able to include some great stuff. My next question is this...

On http://freemywii.com/forums/wiigames.php - I have a list of games where all you can currently do is either:
A.) view the game cover or
B.) search for more info about the game via Gamespot.com.

My question is this:

I want to be able to put a checkbox in the wiigames.php and insert a new column (I think I can do all of this with regular html and some php knowledge). However, I want it to add to a running list of values found in field fid5 on mybb_userfields. As you know, this is a custom user field.

What I guess would happen is the column would say "Add to Games Owned" and then upon checking and @ the bottom, hitting submit it would then parse or add onto the userfields.fid5 column so it shows up as a game that the person owns, instead of them having to go:
User CP > Edit Profile > Check Boxes > Submit on profile page and then return page.

It would basically be a quicker way to add their gamelist to the database for that user.

How could this work?