MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to uninstall MyFacebook connect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I had installed myfacebook connect. But that's not working. I wanna uninstall it. But I have not find any guidelines regarding uninstalling. anybody please help me.

Thanks in advance. Smile
Just click on Uninstall from the plugins list. PRetty easy.

Why isn't is working? I'm the developer behind it, just tell me what's wrong and I'll look into it.
That was not working.

I have got the following error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'fbavatar'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD ( fbavatar int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, fbsex int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, fbdetails int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, fbbio int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, fbbday int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, fblocation int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, myfb_uid bigint(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 )
Well I assume you are Installing it and not Uninstalling it, because that happens when you try to reinstall the plugin.

To solve, delete the columns fbavatar, fbsex, fbdetails, fbbio, fbbday, fblocation and myfb_uid from your users table in your database, then Install & Activate, Uninstall and Reinstall.
(2013-09-07, 06:44 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Well I assume you are Installing it and not Uninstalling it, because that happens when you try to reinstall the plugin.

To solve, delete the columns fbavatar, fbsex, fbdetails, fbbio, fbbday, fblocation and myfb_uid from your users table in your database, then Install & Activate, Uninstall and Reinstall.

Shouldn't you be taking care of that in _uninstall automatically? Or is it essential (ie a user who registered through Facebook needs that information to exist) that those columns and tables exist when the plugin is uninstalled?
Nope, but sometimes the plugin doesn't act as "installed" as the _is_installed function relies on the cache, being populated in the _install function. This surely isn't the best method to tell MyBB "hey this plugin is installed", because as you can see some users might abort the installation before populating the cache but after populating the database.

I really need to check for database columns instead. In the meantime he should do what I've said before.
Why so complicated bro??
It's not really complicated to me talking as a developer. It's kinda easy to populate the cache and check it to know if the plugin is installed or not, because the functions are already written down, it's just a matter of copy&paste to me for new plugins.
Hello Shade,
I have dropped the columns fbavatar, fbsex, fbdetails, fbbio, fbbday, fblocation and myfb_uid from users table in database. After dropping, when I click on 'Install & Activate' is show the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getBasename() in /home/jahirol/public_html/forums/inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php on line 201