MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Gallery Forum: Is it possible with MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an idea for an art site for a long time, but I'm inexperienced with web coding and forum software, so I'm trying to gather a team to help build it while I provide the servers.

But before I get into that, I want to know how feasible this idea even is.

Basically my idea is to integrate a forum and a gallery into a seamless system to help artists collaborate, discuss, and share their art in an open and safe environment. Basically images posted on any board or thread using a specific custom tag like [GIMG] would have their URLs pulled and put into the gallery. Every image will automatically be resized and/or cropped to the the site design and so it can display multiple images at once.

A gallery preview would be on the top of the index to showcase the latest images posted using the tag from throughout the boards. The gallery can be clicked to view a larger gallery for easier browsing. Each image would link back the thread or post the image was posted in, allowing users to easily find creative threads and discussions for user's work.

A similar plugin or modification could probably be used to showcase art specific to users on a user's profile page.

This forum will mostly be focusing on collaborative art and be an all ages site, and the gallery would likely also have settings for mature tagged images posted under a seperate tag such as [MGIMG] in order to show, block (with a mature block image that can be clicked to reveal), or hide (completely remove the image) images based on user settings.

I want to know how much of this is possible with MyBB. I don't think a plugin exists right now but is it possible to have a plugin that searched the entire forums for keyphrases and then pulls and formats the selected text or code to display on the index?
well good to know it can handle a gallery.

But can it pull images from threads and posts throughout the forum and display them in both a preview gallery and an expanded gallery while also linking back to the threads and posts they were posted in?

Here's a silly looking mockup of the main index I made in photoshop.

[Image: aTX5UG2.png]

Also I apologize for the second thread. I don't even know how that happened. I don't even remember copying the thread or anything. Undecided
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=559

There you can find all you need (or at least almost everything). I'm sure there is a plugin in one of topics, which displays images like that on portal and in member profile, not sure about index but you could use the portal .php and change hooks in it. For that you need to have at least basic about PHP and MyBB plugins or hire someone to do it for you.