MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: posting using accounts of social networks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
an option that allows users to post using a facebook/hotmail/twitter/google account... admin can always enable/disable the option
This will not be core as mentioned many times. There will be a mybb api to make it easier to make though.

The main reason it will not be core as it would mean MyBB would have to constantly make sure it's up to date with these third party APIs which isn't as easy as it may sound.
(2013-09-06, 12:51 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]This will not be core as mentioned many times.

how about a sticky post with all the features people suggested many times so we don't repeat. Dodgy
You could try searching first as well.
(2013-09-07, 03:16 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]You could try searching first as well.

I did search... I won't read hundreds of results displayed by the search tool... just take my advice and make a sticky post
Quote:We will not be including a shoutbox, CMS, blog system, status updates, etc in MyBB 2.0. MyBB is a forum software, not a social software. That's why we have plugins.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99061-p...#pid916341 (though I personally disagree with that stance)
they keep saying mybb won't feature those things coz it's just a forum software... but little by little they should include new things like that... those features won't stop mybb from being a forum software.

and I'm pretty sure if phpBB includes those things... mybb will do it too... man, u gotta love competition Big Grin
Quote:We will not be including a shoutbox, CMS, blog system, status updates, etc in MyBB 2.0. MyBB is a forum software, not a social software. That's why we have plugins.

We'll yes it is a forum software. But if MyBB doesn't add features like these over time, its going to be a "forum software stuck in a time warp".
(2013-09-07, 11:46 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]

We'll yes it is a forum software. But if MyBB doesn't add features like these over time, its going to be a "forum software stuck in a time warp".

A blog isn't a feature of forum software, neither is a CMS or a shoutbox.
Yes, but I think the point is that without certain features (Alerts, Threaded PM's, Social sign-in, etc) there is no way MyBB could compete with other softwares. I'll admit, offhand I can only think of one software that has those (XF), but in today's modern day and age, MyBB needs to modernize. Though of course, this is offtopic for this thread.
Pages: 1 2