MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Show Forum Rules Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if there's some way to show the forum rules at the top of every thread in the forum? The description of the plugin implies this is possible. But perhaps it's a mistype or I'm reading it wrong.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/ougc-show-forum-rules

It's showing them in Newthread or Newpost, but not at the top when showing a thread in the forum for which it's enabled.
if quick reply form is enabled for the threads then the plugin shows forum rules on the thread pages
Quick reply is enabled, but rules still not showing at the top of threads. Maybe something to do with my theme. Or maybe I'm having an issue with semantics.

Regardless, this was otherwise solved with your help using PHP Template Conditionals.

<if  $forum['rules'] <> NULL && in_array($fid, array('x', 'y', 'z') then>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$forum['rulestitle']}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$forum['rules']}</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
</if>
^ if the plugin is still activated then check if showthread template has the variable {$rules}
{$header}
{$rules}{$pollbox}
Yes. This was the problem. I must have edited it out while I was trying different solutions. Thanks again. Not sure which solution I'll end up using (PHP Conditionals + FID, or this plugin)