MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Gallery Forum: Is it possible with MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an idea for an art site for a long time, but I'm inexperienced with web coding and forum software, so I'm trying to gather a team to help build it while I provide the servers.

But before I get into that, I want to know how feasible this idea even is.

Basically my idea is to integrate a forum and a gallery into a seamless community. Basically images posted on any board or thread using a specific custom tag like [GIMG] would have their URLs pulled and put into the gallery. Every image will automatically be resized and/or cropped to the the site design and so it can display multiple images at once.

A gallery preview would be on the top of the index to showcase the latest images posted using the tag from throughout the boards. The gallery can be clicked to view a larger gallery for easier browsing. Each image would link back the thread or post the image was posted in, allowing users to easily find creative threads and discussions for user's work.

This forum will mostly be focusing on collaborative art and be an all ages site, and the gallery would likely also have settings for mature tagged images posted under a seperate tag such as [MGIMG] in order to show, block (with a mature block image that can be clicked to reveal), or hide (completely remove the image) images based on user settings.

I want to know how much of this is possible with MyBB. I don't think a plugin exists right now but is it possible to have a plugin that searched the entire forums for keyphrases and then pulls and formats the selected text or code to display on the index?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-145186.html
please wait for the guidance by the experts - no need of posting multiple threads for the same requirement.