MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply / Loading. Please Wait.. issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using quick reply the "Loading. Please wait" box pops up and doesn't go away. I made another account on my forums to do some testing, and I've narrowed it down to it only affecting people of the administrator group. My test account quick reply just fine as a normal registered user, but when I promote to admin, it starts hanging on quick reply. Demote back to register, and good again. Also does not happen on FF or IE, only Chrome.

This is the weirdest issue I've encountered. It's been driving me crazy trying to track it down. Already spent way more time than I'd like to admit. It doesn't do this with the default theme, only my work in progress theme. Most of my edits have been CSS and very minimal template edits. My quickreply template is default. It passes validation with no errors or warnings.

I've looked at pretty much every thread about this sort of issue I could find, most seem to end with no resolve. Hoping someone might have an idea of what is causing this.
Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME>Showthread Template>Showthread_quickreply

Find and Remove:

id="quick_reply_form"
Nice. Thanks for the work around. I really appreciate it Big Grin I'm just baffled at why it is hanging for one particular group with only Chrome. I even did a fresh install, then imported my WIP theme. Still did it, so obviously it's something in my code, but both the html and css validate, and I can't really pick anything out that would do it. Very strange.
No problem. Glad I could help.