MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to remove duplicate title tag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,
here is my forum http://forums.jahirol.com. While posting replies, it shows "Re: then original thread". please take a look at the image. and suggest me how can I remove this 'RE' tag?

Thanks in advance. Smile
Go to: ACP > Templates > Showthread Templates > showthread_quickreply > find;

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: {$thread['subject']}" />

and replace it with;

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="{$thread['subject']}" />
hello Arbaz, Thanks for your suggestion.
I've just done according to your instruction. But it hidden "RE" only. The title still shows. I want to show only the new reply, None of "re" & "title."
Just remove this from value
{$thread['subject']}
and it will looks like
value="" />
hello POP, i have tried your suggestion too. Everything remains unchanged.
These suggestions will only affect new replies; existing replies will still have the same title.
After making those changes, i posted several replies. All of them was showing re title tag
In postbit

Find:

<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

Replace:

<span class="smalltext" style="display:none" ><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
Or just get rid of the span altogether, if you ever want it back you can diff it with the original templates to find what was changed (or revert the template).
martec, Thanks a LOT!!

It works fine!! Smile
Pages: 1 2