MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Message recount?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having the recount problem with private messages. When I log into my account, at the top it'll say.

Quote:Private Messages (Unread 0, Total 184)

However, there are no messages in my inbox - except for one that someone sent me through the new board.

How would I fix this?
Are you sure there aren't any in your Trash or other folders?
that is post merge issue (vBullettin to MyBB) - perhaps PMs are not converted but the total PM count is transferred
(2013-09-09, 02:33 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure there aren't any in your Trash or other folders?
Yes.

(2013-09-09, 02:40 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]that is post merge issue (vBullettin to MyBB) - perhaps PMs are not converted but the total PM count is transferred

Yes probably, so I'm wondering if there is a way to do a recount?
MyBB randomly does a recount automatically

// On a random occassion, recount the users pm's just to make sure everything is in sync.
$rand = my_rand(0, 9);
if($rand == 5)
{
	update_pm_count();
}

If you want to do one manually, you can just make a file called recount.php or whatever and have this in it:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", true);
require("global.php");
update_pm_count();
?>

run that page and then delete it.
Did not work for me. Sadly.
BUMP, anyone got a solution?
I've created a plugin that should fix your issue. Just upload it, activate, then go to Recount & Rebuild where you should see a Recount Private Messages option. Just click Go on the right hand side.
Installed it. Can't find it in Recount & Rebuild.

Edit: Forgot to activated it. thank you.

Tested it, didn't work..