MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goes to spam folder on all email providers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set the email setting to php and all activation emails end up in Spam folder. When i change the setting to SMTP, email does not work at all, in logs it shows this error :

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

How can i fix this so that activation or any other email does not end up in spam folder.

Thanks.
You would have to contact your host.
I have this forum hosted on my own dedicated server. All other scripts work fine, exept this.
Probably your website's or mail server IP address is blacklisted in any of the spam agencies. Check here: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Regarding SMTP, probably the mail server host name you are using is wrong as it cannot be resolved. Try using the IP address of the mail server and try again. Good luck !
My ips are not listed on any of the spam agencies, i have had SMTP work now, all emails still go to spam folder.

Its something wrong with the forum, as when i send emails from the same email, it goes straight to Inbox?