MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Message Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a feature where users can select a 'Group' to send a private message to, rather than manually having to enter 30 usernames. I know this is possible for site admin via the Admin Control Panel, but I want these feature available for regular users..

I'm also curious as to if there is an option to select to send a message to any member of the site. Currently you have to either know the name of the user, or have them in your buddies list.

Thanks
Quote:I am wondering if there is a feature where users can select a 'Group' to send a private message to, rather than manually having to enter 30 usernames. I know this is possible for site admin via the Admin Control Panel, but I want these feature available for regular users..

Not core feature. You might try browsing the Plugins though.

Quote:I'm also curious as to if there is an option to select to send a message to any member of
the site. Currently you have to either know the name of the user, or have them in your buddies list.

If you know how the username starts and have xmlhttp requests allowed in settings, it will autosuggest usernames for the field. The reason I can think of for there not just being a long drop-down list is because for larger forums it can cause a lot of lag. You may get SQL timeout errors even.
Hey, I have tried looking for plugins but could not find any... If anyone has any ideas that would be great... Quite strange really as most forum software have the ability to message groups/lookup usernames as built in features :/
You can make a request here.