MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More PM features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to pm a member but they had the pm option disabled, so I had to enable pm's.
I would suggest that members can disable it from other members to contact them, but admin should always be able to.

I've had complaints regarding the member I pm'ed and don't want them to post until it's been sorted out. But it's very easy to miss that you have a pm waiting if you don't look.
So I would like to suggest an option to check when you pm a member that they cannot post unless they've read the pm from admin.

For this user I have edit their account that they cannot post for 7 days, but there's no notice and if they don't check their pm box they have no idea why they cannot post. So maybe an option that when an account is suspended, the option to be able to add a notice instead of a general error message.

And in general, have a option to make the pm notice more prominent. It's easy to miss, I know it is for me.

Thank you
PinkStar
(2013-09-12, 06:55 AM)PinkStar Wrote: [ -> ]I had to pm a member but they had the pm option disabled, so I had to enable pm's.
I would suggest that members can disable it from other members to contact them, but admin should always be able to.

This is already a feature. Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Administrators -> Users and Permissions -> Private Messaging -> Can send private messages even if recipients have them disabled? -> Checked
Or I believe that's how you'd do it.

(2013-09-12, 06:55 AM)PinkStar Wrote: [ -> ]I've had complaints regarding the member I pm'ed and don't want them to post until it's been sorted out. But it's very easy to miss that you have a pm waiting if you don't look.
So I would like to suggest an option to check when you pm a member that they cannot post unless they've read the pm from admin.

For this user I have edit their account that they cannot post for 7 days, but there's no notice and if they don't check their pm box they have no idea why they cannot post. So maybe an option that when an account is suspended, the option to be able to add a notice instead of a general error message.

This is best as a plugin. I don't see this as a needed feature. If they do post, what's the harm if you have legitimate claims they probably won't post publicly especially if its agains the rules, like it is here.

(2013-09-12, 06:55 AM)PinkStar Wrote: [ -> ]And in general, have a option to make the pm notice more prominent. It's easy to miss, I know it is for me.

There is a notification bar that appears when a user gets a new message, they may also receive an email. I don't see a problem here.
Ah thank you, I was looking but didn't find it. I checked the permissions and that checkbox wasn't checked.

Sure, plugin or part of the script does't matter. But I think it should be part of the script.
What's the harm? Well, if a member here claims to have paid another member for a service but not gotten it - I would say it's a problem and don't want a scammer to use my forum to scam other members and give my forum a bad rap.

The notice bar is too easy to miss. And my members do. That's why I though a option to make it more prominent was warranted.

Thanks
PinkStar
Quote:The notice bar is too easy to miss. And my members do. That's why I though a option to make it more prominent was warranted.

It's just a div with some CSS to make it look pretty. If you don't feel it's prominent enough you can always change it.
Thank you Nathan.
I have looked through the template files and I admit I find it all confusing and can't seem to find the right codes to change. There are som errors in the template I use that I can't get rid of either.
So far, I've only been able to change the pm box as that was in white text on lightyellow bg. The search continues...