MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: supermod/admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible for supermods to be able to manage groups and members in levels lower than themselves. ie mods and members and banned and a/w authorisation etc and not be able to promote them higher than their own group level ?

as far as i can see if give my supermod access to manage members then in theory they can promote themselves and others to admin status.

or have i messed a setting somewhere.

cheers
No, there is no way at this time. If they are the leader of a group, I believe they can manage whether certain people are in that group or not.

You would have to give them access to the admin control panel (but can limit them to only certain parts using Admin Permissions), which could result in what you described - except if you have administrator permissions set for each user disallowing them from editing their permissions, they wouldn't be able to do anything other than what they could do in the first place (in the ACP, that is). Smile
but to give them any permissions to edit user profiles (rg to change their group) the the potential exists that they could change folk to admin.

it's not a deal breaker cause i trust my mods but i think it may be a board weakness.

i have one set as a group leader but i'm not sure how they add members to that group without access to edit the members profile
talisman Wrote:but to give them any permissions to edit user profiles (rg to change their group) the the potential exists that they could change folk to admin.

it's not a deal breaker cause i trust my mods but i think it may be a board weakness.

i have one set as a group leader but i'm not sure how they add members to that group without access to edit the members profile
To add members as long as they're a group leader they can "manage" the user group by going to the User CP > Group Memberships page and then clicking on "View Members".
thanks chris , sorted Smile