MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have a MyBB forum that was recently upgraded from version 1.6.9 to 1.6.10.. well anyway when a user attempts to register, an error shows no matter what saying that the emails do not match. While on the registration page, everything goes the way it should until the "Register" button is clicked. I have tested it in every major browser, and it seems to happen in all of them.

I'm completely clueless as to what could be causing it.. I also just switched web hosts and migrated the forum. Existing users can log in just fine.. everything works but the email check.

http://www.mekheads.org/forum/member.php...n=register

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might have on this.
I have just tested it with firefox and it works ok
(2013-09-13, 03:06 AM)ttcole1254 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

I have a MyBB forum that was recently upgraded from version 1.6.9 to 1.6.10.. well anyway when a user attempts to register, an error shows no matter what saying that the emails do not match. While on the registration page, everything goes the way it should until the "Register" button is clicked. I have tested it in every major browser, and it seems to happen in all of them.

I'm completely clueless as to what could be causing it.. I also just switched web hosts and migrated the forum. Existing users can log in just fine.. everything works but the email check.

That is weird.. I tried it in Firefox and I get the error. What version do you have?
(2013-09-13, 03:12 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just tested it with firefox and it works ok
(2013-09-13, 03:06 AM)ttcole1254 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

I use Firefox 23!
Press Ctrl+F5

Chrome and IE10 ok

Clear your browser cache or Press Ctrl+F5
Huh.. guess you could call me stumped! I've tried clearing the cache and everything.. and actually we just had a whole computer lab attempt to register and they all got the error.. completely different IP and these were computers that had no prior history of the site at all.

Really confused now that you're not getting it.

Tyler

P.S. I tried a verification of the forum files too.. the report came back clean.
If I enter wrong email it says under "You need to enter the same email address again" but it works as I have said. You have to clear you cache for sure!
Just to check.. are you just typing in the email address in the fields and that's it? If I type the emails correctly, I don't get an error until after I finish the form and hit "Submit Registration". If I type wrong emails in on purpose, it won't even let me click the submit button, and will give an error directly under the text box.
I don't submit obviously just type in emails
Yeah if you just type in the emails it doesn't give an error.. only when you submit the registration. I don't suppose people on here would actually submit the form though.. it won't register you unless you confirm the email. Not that you would ever get anything anyway.