MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quote to user in Private Message Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
i have a user in my forum.
when i want to Quote for reply in private message to one of my forum users i get error and message not send or blank message sent !! i can not Quote that user private message only
thanks
Best Reagrds
can you send quoted messages to other users ? you can send a message to yourself and reply it to check.
(2013-09-13, 02:52 PM)priv8coder Wrote: [ -> ]when i want to Quote for reply in private message to one of my forum users i get error and message not send or blank message sent !!

9 times out of 10, a blank message in PM (when quotes are used) means that there are improperly nested quote tags-- or an unbalanced set of quote tags.

I have never quite understood why it happens, but the parser will actually nuke the entire message in some cases.

The receiving party can actually view the message in most cases by clicking 'Reply' and then looking at the quoted message (it shows there as it is unparsed).

If a user receives a blank message, have them forward the message to you and you will undoubtedly find mis-used quote tags in the PM body.
(2013-09-13, 03:09 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I have never quite understood why it happens, but the parser will actually nuke the entire message in some cases.
This issue ([Issue #956]) has been fixed in MyBB 1.6.10. Wink
Cool

See what I get for having a life and never reading that? :p

EDIT: You will not believe this, but when I went back to my forum (MyBB 1.6.10) I had a waiting PM that was blank! Dodgy I thought you said it was fixed?
(2013-09-13, 03:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you send quoted messages to other users ? you can send a message to yourself and reply it to check.

hi
yes i can , it's happened only for that user
i use mybb ver 1.6.10
the link http://dev.mybb.com/issues/956 GET ERROR ! Bad gateway!?
thanks