MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 problems, forum time/date and e-mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I just started using myBB as a forum for my madden league and I LOVE it! Great job on the forum. I only have a few minor issues so far.

Right now my forum for some reason is stuck showing the standard GMT time and will not adjust to GMT -4:00 hours. I also went to my servers web host manage to confirm it had the correct time/date settings, and it did. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, for some reason all of the activation e-mails I've tested to my gmail account have been marked as spam. I set the admin e-mail as [email protected] and it still is marked as spam. Is this due to using php mail function? I tried to set up the SMTP settings and set the settings to the same as my server told me and it would not work for some reason. If someone could point me to a tutorial of some sort for this that'd be great.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Trey.
To set your forums default Time zone, goto:
Configuration tab => Settings => Date and Time Formats

Regarding your mail setup with SMTP, you can use this following configuration on this post if you want o use with Google email and also similar settings with your host email account!!!
Thank you for the response @ksr. I have attempted both of these settings and it hasn't fixed my problem unfortunately. After testing I've noticed that changing the "Date and Time Formats", it doesn't affect what I see on the forum... the time is remaining at 0:00 GMT rather than -4:00 GMT. I've also checked my server time and it is correct, so I'm not sure what to do here.

Also the SMTP settings I found in that post gave me mail errors when trying to send with them, I tried the google ones.

A few things I forgot to mention...

My forum is: http://wpbrew.com/maddengo

It is a new installation.

I added screen shots showing my settings and also another screenshot showing how the forum time is 4 hours ahead of my real current time.
have you checked time zone setting at your user control panel
as a guest, I could see correct time (GMT - 4) at this moment on your forum (image)
Wow I can't believe I missed that! Thank you .m.! That fixed it for me. Is that an option I can control for registering users or is it what they choose when they sign up?
^ it is what they choose either while registering or later at their user control panel options.
Okay. Thanks again KSR and .M... You both were very helpful.