MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I put my website down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I put my website down? Like no one can enter or login even Administrators
Any group that has Admin CP access can always log in. You can close it in the Admin CP under settings. If you really want no one to use the site, look into using .htaccess.
(2013-09-14, 01:12 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Any group that has Admin CP access can always log in. You can close it in the Admin CP under settings. If you really want no one to use the site, look into using .htaccess.
I don't know what to write there.
Delete all the files? What would be the purpose of not letting anybody login? If you don't want anybody except yourself to login then just do this:

In global.php change
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == 1 && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1)

to
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == 1 && $mybb->user['uid'] != 1)

But if you really don't want anybody at all to login then change it to
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == 1)

Don't forget to change the board status to offline in the AdminCP though, otherwise it won't do anything.
Can I put reason on it?

And where can I find global.php
(2013-09-14, 01:26 PM)Tonex Wrote: [ -> ]Can I put reason on it?

Yep. It's part of the settings in AdminCP -> Configuration -> Board Online/Offline

(2013-09-14, 01:26 PM)Tonex Wrote: [ -> ]And where can I find global.php

In the root directory of your mybb install?
Delete all the files from your ftp in this case your mybb will be removed and users will see not found.
(2013-09-14, 06:21 PM)Agent47 Wrote: [ -> ]Delete all the files from your ftp in this case your mybb will be removed and users will see not found.

That's a terrible idea. You've basically just told someone to destroy their forum when clearly that isn't their intention.
(2013-09-14, 07:47 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-14, 06:21 PM)Agent47 Wrote: [ -> ]Delete all the files from your ftp in this case your mybb will be removed and users will see not found.

That's a terrible idea. You've basically just told someone to destroy their forum when clearly that isn't their intention.

Sorry, I responded to it how I read it.
My bad OP.
Pages: 1 2