MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Combing MyBB Views within an Existing Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I could use some help. I may be asking to much, but here is what I'm trying to do.

I have an existing website, that has multiple pages. On each page are my navigation bars for the website, plus a section (div) that I use to communicate tailored content: Pictures, links, discussions points, ads, etc.

What I would like to do is add a forum beneath it all, more or less in it's own section (div). Ideally, I would have each page be associated with a specific category that I would have pre-defined within the MyBB structure. Said another way, I want to be able to create discussion with each of the pages with in my website. I'm looking to create a fairly large website with 10s to 100s of pages that have specific content wherein I want people to be able to comment, discuss, etc. Note: I only need security permissions associated with the MyBB forum threads, and not the remainder of the website.

My questions are:
1) Is this possible to do with MyBB? i.e. Being able to bring just the category thread section into an existing webpage?
2) If yes, are there any good threads or help guides that have been written to provide instructions on how to do this?

Below is an example website that has the structure I'm looking for. Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Example structure in an existing website:
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=910#comments

Note: I've played around with various ways of trying to get this to work with no avail. Any guidance at this point would be greatly appreciated.