MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 0-Day? WTF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, wow, i was not aware of this. This would be very helpful, that not to mess up with the permission, if you dont know, what are you doing...!
(2013-09-16, 12:57 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-15, 03:55 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Publicly posting that there is a major security flaw in MyBB without any evidence should be grounds for suspension.

Evidence or not, major security flaws should be discussed with a team member privately. If this were an actually vulnerability OP would have been helping to educate any nefarious person reading this.

too late, it was spotted on youtube from a security research forum. For the record, NO, NOT by me.

edit: though it seems it was removed by the user, now.....sorry about that. I didn't check it, I just saw the post.

But you're right, it is risky if it were, in fact, a 0-day. But it's a simple flaw in this case. An exploit in how it was used, regardless, but not with the software as far as I know...
Hello,

Well being a mybb Lover, I must tell you about LnxRoot.

This site has been made by a bunch of Indian Guys.
The owner WAS a friend of mine.

His name is Shivam, He lives in Chennai, India.
You can report the forum to some government agency AS it does include CARDING related stuff.

I can give his other details too.

Wink
I suggest you to create a new usergroup. Same rights as members but disable posting, rate, etc.
That`s what I'm using.
Pages: 1 2