MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Certain words wont post on the forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
URL of Forum: http://www.weserious.net
Running on: 1.6.10 (1610) since June

My users have been having issues copying and pasting articles from websites, they say they usually get an error that says access is denied. I thought I fixed the problem but because it never happen to me I didn't really know what to test. So I was typing a post today and I kept getting an error. After trying to post every word and a few phrases I realized I was getting the error from typing in "gang banging". I tried to search for anyone else having this issue and actually found a post about people not being able to post "xanax". I actually tried posting xanax and got the same error message. I don't know how many words this is happening on and I don't have any spam plugins installed.

This is the error message I get:

403 Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

when I try to post a quick reply I don't get any error messages it all, the post simply doesn't post. If anyone could help me fix this it would be greatly appreciated.
I read that post and actually said I read it in my post but nothing in that post solved my problem...
My point was that unifying the plea might lend strength to your cries for help.
Good Point!

With that being said, nobody else is having this issue?
1. ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable all plugins? -> set to Yes and save.
2. Check if you can type xanax without error.
3. If yes, set Disable all plugins? to No and save.
4. Go to Configuration -> Plugins and disable plugins one by one, starting with Akismet and other spam preventions. After disabling each plugin follow step 2.
5. If you can type xanax after disabling one of plugins without error, stop step 4 and reenable all plugins except the one you disabled last.
(2013-09-15, 04:45 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable all plugins? -> set to Yes and save.
2. Check if you can type xanax without error.
3. If yes, set Disable all plugins? to No and save.
4. Go to Configuration -> Plugins and disable plugins one by one, starting with Akismet and other spam preventions. After disabling each plugin follow step 2.
5. If you can type xanax after disabling one of plugins without error, stop step 4 and reenable all plugins except the one you disabled last.

Tried all of this before I posted the thread and the problem is still there.
Can you PM me a test account with admin access so I can take a look around?
(2013-09-16, 02:55 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Can you PM me a test account with admin access so I can take a look around?

just pmed you...
Thanks for the log in credentials. I think there is an issue with your file permissions. Take a look at the link below and confirm the file/folder permissions.

Link: http://docs.mybb.com/CHMOD_Files.html
Pages: 1 2