MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should we/I?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We to try to get something going on here mainly because its best for everyone when this mybb forum is active. Yes I know there is posts everyday but its just support threads like "I deleted my admin account on accident help". We need some more threads where active members can get involved.

About the only thing I could think of was making a top site list. There would be 2 lists, the biggest mybb forums and the best mybb forums. Not sure on how we would decide the best but the biggest would be based on posts with 100k posts to be listed and no limit while the best would be 5 or 10.

I would try to make it look impressive like this.

1. Mybb Official Forum
[Image: logo.png]
Url: www.mybb.com
Registered members: 66,474

Or to save on the scrolling just

1. mybb.com
2. bigsite.com
3. google.com
4. mybbbigsite.com
5. etc.com

So what do you guys think? This would be something that would get people involved and would be a good thread for new or potential mybb users.
I don't think something like this should be endorsed by the official MyBB team.
People have tried topsite lists before. They really don't work Confused
Well just trying to come up with something. If a few people like the idea I will work on it and keep it updated.
Just no. They never work and they're pointless. It wouldn't benefit this community in the slightest and will be a waste of effort and money for yourself. I'm sure people appreciate the effort, but the "problems" with this community isn't a lack of topsites.
(2013-09-15, 10:00 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]Just no. They never work and they're pointless. It wouldn't benefit this community in the slightest and will be a waste of effort and money for yourself. I'm sure people appreciate the effort, but the "problems" with this community isn't a lack of topsites.

Waste of money? I'm just making a thread man not a site. I was just thinking if people see the potential for a mybb forum and people are actually doing good with them maybe that will sway them to coming to mybb.
It'd be a good wiki edition, if anyone wants to go through the hassle of that.
Honestly I think most of the top sites on MyBB are represented here by their owners/managers.
I agree that it may discourage people and frankly there is no use for one. I've seen toplists for gameservers be successful but that is when you are looking for popularity. I believe that people look for forums based on topic/niche more so than popularity. Although I do see how one might argue otherwise.
Yeah, the top forums are usually owned by BBO's (with a few exceptions, there are a few with little posts that are of great value like MyBB Hacks, and a few that are just plain impressive like Harajuju).

IMO to showcase it maybe a new group called "Top Forum Owner" or something like that. Though I certainly understand if it isn't accepted (envy, etc, creates a negative stigma).
IMHO the easiest way would be to install a plugin and register your site, then have the plugin display some XML/JSON feed and have a crawler on the site update daily or something. But then you have issues with trusting the forum owner to not tamper with the plugin.
Pages: 1 2