MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disllow users contacting me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello There

I would like to know how do I disallow normal usersfrom privert messaging me

on the forum while i want the admins / mods to be able to contact me on the forum

I want no normal user to able to send pm on the forum to me

only want admins/mods/special users to be able to send pms to me

how am i going to do this

cheers
I don't know if what you want can be done without a plugin but a similar type of solution i implemented long time ago.
You can remove the ability of private message of regular user and use group promotion to give them permission after some limit. This way you won't get pm from regular users but this will also remove their ability to private message. For this you can add profile comment system so they can communicate other members using profile comments.
Go to UserCP>Edit Options>Messaging and Notification>Only receive private messages from users on my Buddy List.>Tick

Then go to each of your admin/mods profile and click on "Add to Buddy List".
Sorry but i can't find Only receive private messages from users on my Buddy List area

Is there a plugin i can put in to enable this feature
You have to go into your User Control Panel and click on "Edit Options" then you would have to find Only receive private messages from users on my Buddy List. under the Messaging and Notification section.
@ tdbnz, check it at user control panel here - if your forum doesn't has such option then PM me admin panel access
@Arbaz no such selection is there

Only receive private messages from users on my Buddy List

is not there

@ .m. I will provide you access to my account and could you set it up so no user can pm me or message me unless it is a admin or mod

my website got no opiton for recevie private messages from my buddy list

how do i enable it could you help me out .m. i sent you my account details

here is the picture of my admin account cp with no opition

[Image: pm10.png]

cheers

edit

after trying what you said .m. it not working i added a user to my buddy list and the opiton does not show up on the forum

beside here on this forum it has a opiton to enable it but on my forum is not there how do i enable