MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Assigning Administrators as secondary group doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

When I set a user's primary user group to 'Administrators', the effect is not the same as when I check 'Administrators' as his secondary user group.

In the Primary = 'Administrators' case everything works fine, the user can login to the admin panel and has access to all sections (except 'Admin Permissions' but that's expected). In the Secondary = 'Administrators' case the user can see the 'Admin CP' link and login to the admin panel but clicking any of the admin section links (except those in the first box and the ones under 'Moderator Toolbox' and 'Statistics and Logging') results in an "Access Denied: You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel." error message.

From my understanding of the documentation, it should not make any difference whether a user belongs to the 'Administrators' group as part of a primary or a secondary assignment.

I've been able to reproduce this on two different forums, both 1.2.2, one was updated from 1.2.1, the other is a fresh install. There are no special user permissions set for the users I tested with, although it does, obviously, help if I give explicit admin permissions to the test user in question. Therefore I'm assuming a bug here ...

Cheers,
Martin
I'm working on the fix for this.
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.