MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I get [hr] or <hr> in White?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried both MyCode and HTML and neither seems to work.
How do I get [ hr ] or <hr> in White?

I've even tried using a graphic as a horizontal rule
[ img=900x3]http://coa-mis.net/image/hr.white.png[/img ]

I have a dark theme and I need [ hr ] to be visible against a charcoal background. The text displays in a light gray color

I'm just using the asterisks to prevent the code from rendering. The only code that works is the [ hr ] and no combination of code will let me color the line. None of these ideas worked.

I'm using . . .
CKEditor WYSIWYG Editor Plugin
An Advanced MyCode Editor For MyBB
Created by AliReza Tofighi

I don't know why he says "Created by" because I've found another older plugin by the same name but a different creator that doesn't work because the version hasn't been updated to the 1.6.x standard.

Even though I have HTML enabled for the entire board this plugin defeats any attempt to use it. Does anyone know of a WYSIWYG editor that is compatible with both MyCode and HTML tags?

BTW, I tried to contact AliReza Tofighi but his or her site is completely written in Persian and I can't read it much less log in and leave them a note that I need help with a hack to colour an hr. I have a dark theme and although the text shows up in silver the
is still in black.

I ran a search for AliReza Tofighi and AliReza_Tofighi in the members list and he/she doesn't appear to even be a member of this board unless they signed up under a different nick.
have you tried adding css style code in global.css or in the editor style sheet
hr {background-color: white !important;}

hr {background: url("http://coa-mis.net/images/hr.white.png") !important;}
(2013-09-17, 06:30 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you tried adding css style code in global.css or in the editor style sheet
hr {background-color: white !important;}

hr {background: url("http://coa-mis.net/images/hr.white.png") !important;}

Thank you so much for being so helpful. I had another post asking was there a place in a style sheet or template that I could edit and nobody ever answered me.
^ open global.css of forum's active theme through admin panel (edit in advanced mode). it consists of below style code (line 424)
hr {
    background-color: #000000;
    border: 0 none;
    color: #000000;
    height: 1px;
}

you can change background-color: #000000; to background-color: #ffffff; or add either of the earlier
suggested codes at the bottom of global.css (advanced edit mode) and save the stylesheet (global.css)
then hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5 keys) on a topic (eg. this topic) to see the change
(2013-09-18, 06:31 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ open global.css of forum's active theme through admin panel (edit in advanced mode). it consists of below style code (line 424)
hr {
    background-color: #000000;
    border: 0 none;
    color: #000000;
    height: 1px;
}

you can change background-color: #000000; to background-color: #ffffff; or add either of the earlier
suggested codes at the bottom of global.css (advanced edit mode) and save the stylesheet (global.css)
then hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5 keys) on a topic (eg. this topic) to see the change

Thank you very much. You were that one person out of thousands that really understood what I was trying to do and taught me more than I asked for. Now I understand how to do other modifications I needed. Again thank you and if I can ever return the favor don't hesitate to ask.
@Auriel Kitsu
AliReza_Tofighi is I Smile