MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Shoutbox on Index page + Reversing Shout Order + More...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ok I have made it on my board today, I have made some changes : no scroll bar on the iframe, I have put a div with scroll bars instead. I have fixed the bug spence talk about.

Next I will put the form on the index page to prevent it to be reload while writting. When all it will be done I'll post you how I've made it.

You can see the progress here : http://www.dolmen-celtics.fr/forum/index.php
Ok I have more time today, so here it is:

search for :
			if($page == $total_pages)
			{
				$start = 0;
				$limit = $count - (($total_pages - 1) * $perpage);
			}
			else
			{
				$limit = $perpage;

if($page == 1)
				{
					$start = $count - $limit;
				}
				else
				{
					$start = $count - ($limit * $page);
				}
			}

and replace with:
			$limit = $perpage;
			$start = $perpage * ($page - 1);
Simple no?

PS: dont forget to add "desc" in the oder by part of the query.
So that will make the last post first on the list of shouts? I tried to modify that code myself and only got it half right! LOL..I'll be sure to try your fix.
First post on top is just a change in the query, ORDER by time DESC , the pages shouldn't be changed at all =/ =P
Wow, tidoudoux! Your fix worked GREAT!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!! Big Grin
ok i am having major issues getting the time to show up, i am using version 2.1

So when i go through the instructions for time, it never ends up working...

Here is a link, http://www.bullseyesupport.net/

also when i check in IE it ends up showing a messed up version, the right side wont stay correct, like it does in Firefox.

If someone could help me asap that would be great.

Also the edit and delete buttons wont show in firefox...

And is there any way to hide the shoutbox from guests?
I tried installing my shoutbox today and this is what it said when I hit activate...
MySQL error: 1050
Table 'mybb_shouts' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE `mybb_shouts` ( sid smallint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', message text NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`sid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM
Go into your database and drop the mybb_shouts table and then try activating the plugin again!
Sorry not following ya.. This is a brand new forum.. My server crashed and I had to reinstall EVERYTHING so I don't know how there could already be a
table when I just now made one.. So cornfusin!
Your first post mentioned that the error message was that 'the table already exists', hence judel's suggestion. Any luck with it? I hope so Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10