MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Shoutbox on Index page + Reversing Shout Order + More...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sye, how do i make my shoutbox less wide?

I edited the code so it looks nice but want it to match the size of the "Add Shout" Part.

Look.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3844/shooutim8.png
Thanks.
Sye Wrote:This guide will explain the following
  • Installing Shoutbox on index page
  • Separating textbox from the shoutbox
  • Reverse shout order
  • Display date and time before each post
  • Firfox compatibility
  • Remove horizontal lines

Hope this helps the many peolpe asking for this

Regards

Sye

Thanks for this I really appreciate it Big Grin
@sith717: usually if it gets stuck at "loading..". it's because the javascript file hasn't been included. Worth checking the path is correct if you've uploaded the file. Smile
I did.

Its there.
Link to the Javascript on my Forum

If I load the shoutbox.js directly on my forums, you can see it.

Link to the Javascript on your Forum

However, when I try to do the same on your forums: it gives me a 404 error.

I am assuming that the javascript file has been uploaded??

Hope this helps.
When I try and install this ShoutBox I just get a grey box. Any help?
Click here for screenshot!

Please help me.
I personally recommend using Spicefuse shoutbox. Never had any problems with it Smile
It's definitely a personal preference. I got tired of seeing "loading" with the spicefuse shoutbox, not to mention I couldn't edit the shouts *maybe that has been added to a later version*...but in MHO MM's shoutbox is much better once you have applied the alterations detailed in this thread, which by the way is the point of the thread. All your posts regarding the other shoutbox border on hijacking. Just FYI.
I now use SpiceFuse and it comes with a patch which makes a shout when you install it so it doesn't say loading!
Thx for this mod Smile .

I have a little problem with Language .

If my board use for exemple :japan language and your plug don't have this language nothing work.

I have a blanck page with " not found ...............inc/languages/japan/shoutbox.lang.php

I think it could appropriate in case if language don't exist for shoutbox to auto-select english language when "not found" .

Thanks for your jobs Smile .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10