MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Shoutbox on Index page + Reversing Shout Order + More...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
When I try to do make the date appear infront of the shout, all i get is:

[] Userpost

It comes out exactly like that. Sad

can someone help me?
i have installed shoutbox and alos have done template editing same as above editing but i can see the shoutbox because in the iframe it has to come Page can not be dispalyed appears.

please help.
I doubt anyone will be able to help you, since your comment doesn't make any sense. If you're translating it from another language, I suggest you try again.
If I've interpreted unramped's words correctly, it's something like: I've made the edits as above, but although I can see the iframe, a 'page cannot be displayed' error message shows up instead.

p/s: I would personally recommend anyone to try out Spicefuse shoutbox as well. It uses a div rather than an iframe.
ok i ll try to make it more clear now.

I as trying to install the shoutbox on the index page of my forums.

i uploaded all the files required for it in my forum root directory,inc/plugins directory and also in inc/laguages/english directory.

i have done some template editing in AdminCP as told in the first post of this topic.

but now on my forum the place where the shout box has to appear "The page can not be displayed" apperas.

so now can you help me.
Can you access the shoutbox directly, by adding shoutbox.php to your forum's URL?
Yes i can but when i try to shout it says
"Please wait for another user to shout before attempting to shout again."
even my shout box is empty there are no shouts in there.
no help??? Sad
Well, what you're explaining isn't typical. I can only assume you must have either not uploaded all the files or you made one of the changes wrong. I would suggest starting over and trying again...and make sure the shoutbox is working BEFORE you make any changes to it.
hmmmm oki thanx i ll try this again and let you know posting here whether i got it or not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10