MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Safely rename /admin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just please walk me step by step though renaming admin folder and hiding the link to the admin directory in the admin account?

Notice! If this is not safe and might cause some issues to the rest or the script then I pass!

Thanks
(2013-09-18, 04:43 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]This guide is quite good:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-9991.html

Thanks very much. Is it safe?
We wouldn't recommend doing it if wasn't safe. It's a matter of renaming a directory and changing a string -- both which are reversible actions.
Edit: delayed response !

you can simply change the admin folder name on the files server and put that folder name in ./inc/config.php file
$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';
and in the config.php file change value of $config['hide_admin_links'] from 0 to 1

you have to take care when uploading plugin files (if they have files to add in admin folder) and while upgrading MyBB
(2013-09-18, 04:49 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: delayed response !

you can simply change the admin folder name on the files server and put that folder name in ./inc/config.php file
$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';
and in the config.php file change value of $config['hide_admin_links'] from 0 to 1

you have to take care when uploading plugin files (if they have files to add in admin folder) and while upgrading MyBB

I have a few files added to admin directory that are part of some plugins will that be a problem!
^ No. admin directory name should be correct in the config.php file (eg. $config['admin_dir'] = 'abcdef';)
(2013-09-18, 06:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ No. admin directory name should be correct in the config.php file (eg. $config['admin_dir'] = 'abcdef';)

Thanks just to be clear!
I have a plugin that point to the file located in /admin directory if I rename /admin directory the way to told me it's not going to be a problem?
No becuase in the plugin, it should have the code to point to the admin directory.
eg:
...../$mybb['admin_dir']/.....
not
...../admin/.....

where admin_dir is configured in your config.php
(2013-09-18, 06:44 PM)daza110 Wrote: [ -> ]No becuase in the plugin, it should have the code to point to the admin directory.
eg:
...../$mybb['admin_dir']/.....
not
...../admin/.....

where admin_dir is configured in your config.php

Thank yo very much all of yo