MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notifications are not working at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My email Notifications have stopped working completely.

Were working, but not now..

I have installed 2 plugins yesterday and these are Admin CP Honey Pot (Fake Admin) by MyBBWebHost and also Admin Activate Email by Fábio Maia.

I wanted to make the site more secure and also let users know when Ive activated them, so I installed the CP correctly and changed the inc/config.php and relevant section in admin cp. Then installed the Admin Activate Email, logged out of everything, registers a test account with my other email address, logged in as admin and then activated, and then nothing, no email nothing.

So I sent a PM, no notification, Subscribed to a thread, no emails, so im a little confused, these plugins should not affect this surely?

98 views and nothing? Please guys
The 98 views your thread received was probably mostly due to bots. Anyways, go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Logs>Mail System Log

What are the top 10 errors?

Also, what is your boards URL?
(2013-09-20, 12:49 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]The 98 views your thread received was probably mostly due to bots. Anyways, go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Logs>Mail System Log

What are the top 10 errors?

Also, what is your boards URL?

Hi thanks for your reply, there are no errors showing in that log, the board url is www.eavoc.com

thanks
Correct me if I'm wrong. You seem to be using a proxy for your website server.
Hmm i have hosting with go daddy. Im not aware its through a proxy. Ill issue a support ticket and ask

May i also ask how and where you got this information so i can provide it to go daddy
thanks
Hi Arbaz in answer to your proxy question, I opted out of having my details shown on the public domain. So i believe if you got the details from a who is website, it comes up with a Proxy company to protect my details. Whether thats a proxy for the whole website server or not im not sure..

Does that affect the mailer then? I wouldn't have thought it would, like I said it was working for a few days then just didnt work