MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to mybb, having issues banning spammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am using mybb and wordpress. I have a spammer that keeps coming back, seems totally unaffected by my bans. I ban him as a mod, permanently, and the next day he has spammed me again. I tried deleting the user and he just signed up again.

Anyway, I was going to try to ban him in the ACP but it is not accepting my password, and there is no link to reset that pass.

Please help.

Anyone?

Ok, I am just going to install some different forum software that actually works.
well, I guess no helper was active here during your stay. anyway, if you return to MyBB we try to assist
at our level best. however if you are inpatient then we can't help much. one might not get instant support
on any of the community forums (including paid forum software communities)
(2013-09-19, 02:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]well, I guess no helper was active here during your stay. anyway, if you return to MyBB we try to assist
at our level best. however if you are inpatient then we can't help much. one might not get instant support
on any of the community forums (including paid forum software communities)

True and it's funny how the OP couldn't even last longer than 2 hours. They literally changed their forum software two hours after creating this thread. Even though this topic has been discussed in many threads before, the OP just didn't bother searching.
Rototeams please understand MyBB is a free forum software and support is provided by members of the forum. You need to wait a little before can reply to your query

Now you need not delete the user but ban the user. When you delete the user he can sign up using that email id again. So you need to ban his IP and also check this thread for spam prevention plugins
http://community.mybb.com/thread-110224.html
If I may ask, what is he spamming?