MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know here what that means:

Quote:Per Page
Please enter the number of mass mailings per page.

The default number is on 50, what does this number mean. Let's say I have 132 members, still leave it at 50? I really dont get this, sorry for my stupidity.
it is the number of mass mails to be sent at a time. depends on the load of your web server (lower the better - you can use 20)
Let's say I have 100 members and set it to 20. It will send 5x20 automatically?
^ yes. in that case, mass mail is set to be sent to 20 members at a time - task is run 5 times.
see replies here for more details
(2013-09-19, 01:53 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes. in that case, mass mail is set to be sent to 20 members at a time - task is run 5 times.

The task is run 5 times by itself, like automatically?
(2013-09-19, 05:55 PM)Niggidea Wrote: [ -> ]The task is run 5 times by itself, like automatically?

Yep or you can go Tools & maintenance > Task Manager > And to the right of Mass Mail you will see a little clock, click that and it will start.
Edit: delayed response

yes. however, all tasks require page visits. footer of the forum consists of task running code.
a task in the queue is set to run whenever a viewer visits a page.
I don't get this to be honest. So lets say I have 167 members, can I set the number to 167 and it will be sent to all members then?
(2013-09-19, 06:47 PM)Niggidea Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get this to be honest. So lets say I have 167 members, can I set the number to 167 and it will be sent to all members then?

No don't change it from 50, if you set it at 167 your host may have a limit on the amount of emails you can send. It will go to the 167 eventually but some will get it sooner than others.

My host allows 200 per hour, so I have set the following.

Go to "Tools & Maintenance" > "Task Manager" > "Mass Mail" > "Options" > "Edit Task" > Change "Time: Minutes" to 15,35,55 scroll down "Save Task"

Emails will now only go out three times per hour, and if you leave Per Page at 50 when creating a mass mail you will only send 150 per hour. this will leave you an extra 50 per hour for other mails like subscriptions, notifications, etc.

So in your case the other 17 will go in the next hour.