MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help in upgrading a plugin..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was trying to upgrade k776's profile views count mod to work with MyBB 1.2.x but I don't understand what I did wrong. Could anyone look at it, and tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!
Your use of the database class is incorrect. I suggest you take a look at http://wiki.mybboard.com/index.php?title...ple_select and the inc/db_mysql.php itself, and finally some other code (either third party plugin or MyBB code) that uses the specialized database query methods.
Thanks, now I'm getting these errors:
Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/domains/pinguin-net.be/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/profilevc.php:54) in /home/admin/domains/pinguin-net.be/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 1121

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/pinguin-net.be/public_html/forum/member.php(1360) : eval()'d code on line 1

with this code:
I also think theres something wrong with your template & activate function.
I'm getting this error with your file Tikitiki:
Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/domains/pinguin-net.be/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/profilevc.php:53) in /home/admin/domains/pinguin-net.be/public_html/forum/Pingmin1/global.php on line 93

Thanks for helping me..
You had extra spaces after the ?> it seems. I removed them.
Now this error returned:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/pinguin-net.be/public_html/forum/member.php(1360) : eval()'d code on line 1

Thanks again for helping me out.. I want to understand the way MyBB (functions) work a bit better so I can upgrade some nice mods. Smile
Tikitiki Wrote:I also think theres something wrong with your template & activate function.
Oh, I forgot that. :o

What's wrong with the activate function??

Template function should also work.. it worked on the unread PM mod. Toungue