MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showing host ip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello..
Recently i installed Google SEO plugin in my forum and after that i noticed "Who's online" showing all the users the same ip of host. I tried changing "Scrutinize User's IP address?" to Yes and No but it didn't worked.! I also tried uninstalling google seo plugin but the result was same.
PLease help.!
Are you saying it's all showing up as your hosts IP? Are you using CloudFlare?
yes. not using cloudflare.
Google SEO plugin has nothing to do with display of IP address. contact your web host.
i have installed cloudflare one month before and its deactivated and uninstalled.
No problem was there before 3 or 4 days..its happened recently.
^ still, it should be a web host related issue. if you need, PM me temporary access to admin panel to check.
contacted webhost , they told me its due to NGINX also they gave me some codes to fix it.
function fetch_ip()
{
if(isset($_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"]))return $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"];
else return $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
}

function fetch_alt_ip()
{
if(isset($_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"]))$alt_ip = $_SERVER["HTTP_X_REAL_IP"];
else $alt_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; #$alt_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP']))
{
$alt_ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];
}
else if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']) AND preg_match_all('#\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}#s', $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'], $matches))
{
// make sure we dont pick up an internal IP defined by RFC1918
foreach ($matches[0] AS $ip)
{
if (!preg_match('#^(10|172\.16|192\.168)\.#', $ip))
{
$alt_ip = $ip;
break;
}
}
}
Where should i add this.?
function get_ip() is defined in ./inc/function.php file. it needs to be modified. (also see this)
however it needs to be done by an experienced person
is there anybody who can help me.? Smile