MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password on Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am updated to 1.6.10. I deleted my cookies and though I can log into the admin panel (therefore my password is valid), I am unable to log into the index.php. It sends me to the member.php.

I changed my password in the admin panel but alas there is nothing that I can do. I will send my address to admins/mods, but prefer not to make it public. If you need to see it or need a username and password, please let me know. Thank you.

There is no error given. It just takes me to member.php and when I enter it in there, I get the same result. This has been an ongoing issue with mybb in past builds as well. After I updated to 1.6.10, I thought it ended but it appears that is has not. I would love to resolve it, and any help is appreciated.
I am still having this issue, and I have checked several times over to make sure that the forum is configured correctly.

I have done and read the login thread at: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
After you login, it should take you to the member.php page. Can you provide a test account?
It does take me there, but I am not logged in. It has me log in again. No matter where I log in, I am not getting logged in. I apologize for not being clear.

My members with previous cookies who have never deleted them can log in, but I have other members that once they clear their cookies as I have done are in the same boat as I am. Normally, after I clear them again, I can log in, but as I said I am able to log in my username and password in the admin area but not on the main forum.

I can send you info in a PM if you would like it.

Could certain plugins be an issue?

Advanced Sidebox
Advanced Quick Reply Form
Board Messages
MyCode: MySpoiler
Register Time
Registration Security Question
Required Approval
Spamalyser

I tried using a different template and I was able to sign in, so obviously this has something to do with my default template. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? Also, the area where you log in and it's suppose to say "keep me signed in." It says "undefined."
Quote:Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? Also, the area where you log in and it's suppose to say "keep me signed in." It says "undefined."

Can you post the content of your header_welcomeblock_guest and headerinclude template? Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME
header_welcomeblock_guest Wrote:<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

and

headerinclude Wrote:<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?type=atom1.0" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={$charset}" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1400"></script>
{$stylesheets}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var cookieDomain = "{$mybb->settings['cookiedomain']}";
var cookiePath = "{$mybb->settings['cookiepath']}";
var cookiePrefix = "{$mybb->settings['cookieprefix']}";
var deleteevent_confirm = "{$lang->deleteevent_confirm}";
var removeattach_confirm = "{$lang->removeattach_confirm}";
var loading_text = '{$lang->ajax_loading}';
var saving_changes = '{$lang->saving_changes}';
var use_xmlhttprequest = "{$mybb->settings['use_xmlhttprequest']}";
var my_post_key = "{$mybb->post_code}";
var imagepath = "{$theme['imgdir']}";
// -->
</script>
{$newpmmsg}

I found headerinclude under "Ungrouped Templates." Not sure if that is right.
Yes. The headerinclude template is under "Ungrouped Templates".

Anyways, the solution is that you were missing

lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";

Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME>Header Template>Header_welcomeblock_guest

Replace everything in that template with the code below:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
	lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>
Thank you very much.