MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum icon manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There should be a forum icon manager,most other forum softwares have this
As do we...

[Wiki: Admin_CP_Post_Icons] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
not that kind,its where you can edit the on.gif/off.gif,toplinks menu icon,reply icon..etc

[Image: postbit_quote.gif]
[Image: on.gif]
Use Paint/Photoshop. Overwrite the images with your new ones using your ftp. I don't see a point for a 'forum icon manager' when you can do that. I think that the idea just adds to bloat and allows people to be more lazy. I don't think that it's necessary just to make 2 steps 1 step.
yeah,thats true.its just a suggestion
I think you misunderstand the purpose, Tikitiki. A forum icon manager let's you manage each image in the software that isn't like a background for each theme in one place, rather than having to dig through each template and find it. In this case, I don't think it even has the ability to upload - this just makes it a lot easier to change the name of an image file without having to find it in the templates. You can even change each one to text, or a URL not on the forum.

Personally, I like this idea - it would make it tons easier to change image names... but it would probably be better for 2.0 than 1.4.
Oh, I see now.
Yeah sounds a good idea - like Justin said perhaps better for 2.0 though.
We'd have to change a lot of stuff in the templates to get this working and everyone complains when we update our templates just a little bit as they have to update their own templates as well then so. I don't see this for 1.4, and really, we have a lot of other neat stuff to do.
CraKteR Wrote:We'd have to change a lot of stuff in the templates to get this working and everyone complains when we update our templates just a little bit as they have to update their own templates as well then so. I don't see this for 1.4, and really, we have a lot of other neat stuff to do.
That's why I thought it would be good for 2.0 Toungue