MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ******
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
today seeing my forum some one who has admin cp remove admin cp from my username i want take it back my forum url is :pak-arena.com
UseRToungueroGamer
are you owner of the forum ? do you have database access at the web host panel ?
would you like to provide me required temporary privileges to fix the issue (PM me if required)
Just a tip. Don't send random people (above) login information for your site when they ask you to... I don't think I've seen a single thread where this guy isn't asking for someones ftp, admin password, or something else.. kinda sketchy IMO

Just go into phpMyAdmin and run the query

update `users` set `usergroup`=4 where `uid`=1;
^ great advice indeed Smile Thank You
Great tip Stefan. Also, Sparta make sure you are the super admin on the site. I believe if you are a super admin; admins on your site can't edit your account/profile unless they are also a super admin.

Go to ./inc/config.php and search for issuperadmin. Unfortunately, I can't provide the exact variable to search for as I'm writing this post through my phone.
Yes i have acces to Database
^ assuming that your user id is 1 see what Stefan had posted (post #3)
also see Arbaz's suggestion. variable in config.php file is $config['super_admins'] = '1';
(2013-09-22, 03:43 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]Just a tip. Don't send random people (above) login information for your site when they ask you to... I don't think I've seen a single thread where this guy isn't asking for someones ftp, admin password, or something else.. kinda sketchy IMO

Although i would agree with such statements in most cases, i beg to differ with this as .m.'s reputation says otherwise. He's been helping people for a long time and i don't find anything sketchy with that.
(2013-09-26, 04:33 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-22, 03:43 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]Just a tip. Don't send random people (above) login information for your site when they ask you to... I don't think I've seen a single thread where this guy isn't asking for someones ftp, admin password, or something else.. kinda sketchy IMO

Although i would agree with such statements in most cases, i beg to differ with this as .m.'s reputation says otherwise. He's been helping people for a long time and i don't find anything sketchy with that.

That's the thing. .M. is a known member and now god forbid, if someone compromises his account then others' credentials would be at risk. Also, this is a support forum where people ask for support, (No offense) but if we all help other TV or fix the issue for the OP then others as well as the OP of the thread won't learn something knew. It's up to you how you want to provide support but I'm just saying in my opinion that even after you help someone outside the forums, you should post a solution on the thread for others. That's how I learned how to use and customize MyBB.
really thanks