MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send Private Message Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so when I go to a members profile, I see there is no option to send them a private message. But, for me to be able to see it, I have to edit each user and check the 'Receive private messages from other users' and 'Alert with notice when new private message is received' via the ACP.

How can I make it so each user has the options in the screenshot below enabled by default when they register?

Here is what each users profile says through the ACP:

[Image: xSpYHXP.png]
Run the following queries in PHPMyAdmin

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `receivepms` = '1' WHERE `receivepms` = '0' 

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotify` = '1' WHERE `pmnotify` = '0' 

The above queries will enable the "Receive PM by other users" and "Alert with a notice when new PM received" options.

To have it enabled by default: Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME>Member Templates>Member_register

Find

<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} />

Replace with

<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" checked="checked" />

Find

"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1"{$pmnoticecheck} />

Replace with

"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1" checked="checked" /></

Be sure to backup your forum before running editing the templates and/or running the SQL queries.
I have done my own registration page so those options aren't on it. Do I have to add them in for it to be set by default, or can I just edit the User Control Panel templates > usercp_options and replace {$receivepmscheck} with checked="checked" and so on.

EDIT: nevermind. I just made the fields hidden so they are checked, but they don't show on the registration page.

Thank you for your help on the phpMyAdmin query though.