MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Surface 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If only it didn't run Windows 8.
(2013-09-23, 06:06 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]If only it didn't run Windows 8.

Linux would be better by far...
I may have to get this when it comes out.
I am Microsoft fan so i really like surface 2 Smile
Will my tablet eventually take minutes to start with pointless bloatware running and building up Toungue ?
The way I see this is you have all the disadvantages of windows but not the advantages of it due to it being a tablet and not a PC.
(2013-09-27, 12:18 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Will my tablet eventually take minutes to start with pointless bloatware running and building up Toungue ?
The way I see this is you have all the disadvantages of windows but not the advantages of it due to it being a tablet and not a PC.

If you want a tablet (like a mobile OS) that's the RT version is. It only allows apps (like as in a phone app not an application like Photoshop). While the pro version is basically Windows 8 on a tablet Toungue.
If you want get the RT Pro. Do not buy the Surface RT. Surface RT can technically run all the Windows apps subject to two conditions:-
1- The desktop app must be signed by MS
2- It must be compiled for arm.

Currently there is a hack which allows you to run these non-signed MS apps. But alas most apps are not compiled for arm.

IF you are targeting mainly on portable work try Android tablets.
Frankly, as an RT user, I have had no issues with it, I've wiped it a few times, because I got the 32GiB version, there's not a lot of space on it after Windows is installed.
I'm a fan of Windows Tablets but the official microsoft ones have really disappointed me. My Vibe still runs perfectly, and honestly I'll use it till it dies or I do. :/.