MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin Rep System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,
I finished setting up my forum today but I was looking to change something, I usually use vBulletin boards and their rep system is different.

Intead of adding +1 or +2 to a user's reputation, they add a percentage of their reputation, making it so that higher reputation users can add or substract much more reputation and a 0 reputation user can't add nor subtract reputation.

This system is better because, as the forum ages, you will have respected members with a great deal of reputation, which means they have a lot of power in relation to the others, it also creates a bit of competition between users, which becomes very adictive if the forum is very populated. (ex:bodybuilding.com forums).

Is such a modification possible? I'm learning to code at college but I haven't touched php nor html yet, do you think it would be complicated to learn?

bumpp
http://mods.mybb.com/view/alternative-re...n-system-2

Give it a try, I think that's the plugin you are looking for.
That doesn't seem to be working on 1.6.x, it gave me an sql error on usergroups database.

anyone know of something?
What error did you get and where?
(2013-09-24, 11:38 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]What error did you get and where?

It's designed for MyBB 1.2 so it likely would need a rewrite.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/reputation-bars

Is that something similar to what you are looking for?

(2013-09-24, 11:40 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-24, 11:38 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]What error did you get and where?

It's designed for MyBB 1.2 so it likely would need a rewrite.

Oh. Thanks! I didn't check the "Last Updated" date.
@Arbaz

No mate, I have already added reputatin bars.

What I was looking for was for a plugin to permit higher reputation members to add more than +1 or -1 reputation to other users.

All in all, I just need something to let me costumize the reputation given limit between different users.
^ adding / removing a higher number reputation is a group based permission. for example, administrators can add +10/-10
or custom reputation plugin might help
(2013-09-25, 05:08 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ adding / removing a higher number reputation is a group based permission. for example, administrators can add +10/-10
or custom reputation plugin might help

Didn't know I could change the reputation limit in the admin panel, thank you so much. You just fixed my problem!

Is there anyway I can use that reputation bars in conjunction with reputation numbers?
^ navigate to below location
admin panel >> templates >> global templates >> rep_bars

add {$rep_points}<br /> at the top and save the template
Pages: 1 2