MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable moderator notes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a custom plugin made for this purpose, so how could I remove/disable the default note system?

I looked around in the ACP, and nothing found.
Someone told me to remove it from the templates and it will be gone, so I'm gonna try that.
(2013-09-26, 02:30 PM)Mehh Wrote: [ -> ]Someone told me to remove it from the templates and it will be gone, so I'm gonna try that.

This is probably the best (and only) way.
Edit: please see post #6

{$memprofile['usernotes']} can be removed from member_profile_modoptions template
(2013-09-26, 02:55 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]{$memprofile['usernotes']} can be removed from member_profile_modoptions template

I removed it, but it's still appearing.
^ oh, code segment like below should be removed from member_profile_modoptions template
<tr>
<td class="trow2">
{$memprofile['usernotes']}<br />
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php?action=editprofile&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->edit_usernotes}</a>
</td>
</tr>

edit:
also below code segment needs to be removed from modcp_editprofile template
<fieldset class="trow2">
	<legend><strong>{$lang->mod_notes}</strong></legend>
	<textarea name="usernotes" id="usernotes" rows="10" cols="70">{$user['usernotes']}</textarea>
</fieldset>
I did that, and it's still appearing.
(2013-09-27, 07:09 PM)Mehh Wrote: [ -> ]I did that, and it's still appearing.

try this
remove the following from the modcp template
<form action="modcp.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_modnotes" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" align="center" colspan="1"><strong>{$lang->moderator_notes}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->notes_public_all}</strong></span>
</td>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><textarea name="modnotes" style="width: 99%; height: 200px;" rows="5" cols="45">{$modnotes}</textarea></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="notessubmit" value="{$lang->save_notes}" /></div>
</form>