MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where can i find the username in cPanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need it for FileZilla, if anybody could tell me where to find it that'd be great. I just bought a plan and i've logged into cPanel but i cant find the info i need to connect. I dont have a site yet just the domain.

For example: It says i need the following in filezilla

Host: Username: Password (i used the username i used to log into cPanel and there was no luck) Im using the domain for the host and my password for cPanel for the Password.
It should be under files > view FTP details.
(2013-09-25, 01:24 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]It should be under files > view FTP details.

Hello, when i look under Files, i just see these options:

Backups
Backup Wizard
File Manager
Legacy File Manager
Disk Space Usage
Web Disk
FTP Accounts
FTP Session Control

Any chance that's one of them?
(2013-09-25, 01:28 AM)invasive Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-25, 01:24 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]It should be under files > view FTP details.

Backups
Backup Wizard
File Manager
Legacy File Manager
Disk Space Usage
Web Disk
FTP Accounts
FTP Session Control

It should be under FTP Accounts.
(2013-09-25, 01:29 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]

Backups
Backup Wizard
File Manager
Legacy File Manager
Disk Space Usage
Web Disk
FTP Accounts
FTP Session Control

Ok, i created one, but now it doesn't give me a username to log in with. Just an email.
(2013-09-25, 01:44 AM)invasive Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-25, 01:29 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]

Backups
Backup Wizard
File Manager
Legacy File Manager
Disk Space Usage
Web Disk
FTP Accounts
FTP Session Control

Ok, i created one, but now it doesn't give me a username to log in with. Just an email.
The "email" is the username.
Why don't you use the same username and password you use to log in to your cPanel account for FileZilla?
(2013-09-25, 01:52 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you use the same username and password you use to log in to your cPanel account for FileZilla?
He has tried it. Although he could try it in the [email protected] format.
(2013-09-25, 12:59 AM)invasive Wrote: [ -> ]For example: It says i need the following in filezilla

Host: Username: Password (i used the username i used to log into cPanel and there was no luck) Im using the domain for the host and my password for cPanel for the Password.
(2013-09-25, 02:00 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-25, 01:52 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you use the same username and password you use to log in to your cPanel account for FileZilla?
He has tried it. Although he could try it in the [email protected] format.
(2013-09-25, 12:59 AM)invasive Wrote: [ -> ]For example: It says i need the following in filezilla

Could be that the OP is entering incorrect details.

@OP I would honestly recommend contacting your host so they can provide you the right hostname, username and password to be on the safe side. MyBB has no control over your host or your file manager.
Contacted host, files have been uploaded via FileZilla! Thanks once again everybody.

I have learned so much in the short amount of time i've been here and i'm very grateful.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2