MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysubscriptions, users able to edit prices.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm looking for a paid VIP membership system for my forum. I've recently tried MySubscriptions, which works great apart from the fact that the price is stored in a hidden field which users can change using chrome's inspect element. So they can essentially get VIP for free.

Does anybody have either a solution to this or a better paid VIP system?
Quote:the price is stored in a hidden field which users can change using chrome's inspect element
are you sure about it ? it is stored in the database and users can not change it
If they change the price using Chrome inspect element feature; it wouldn't be a big issue because those changes aren't saved. Unless they edit the post parameters - If I'm correct.

Anyways, if you still want a different plugin, do you want an automatic subscription plugin or a plugin where you have to promote them manually?
(2013-09-25, 01:53 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:the price is stored in a hidden field which users can change using chrome's inspect element
are you sure about it ? it is stored in the database and users can not change it

They can just change the value of the hidden field.
<input type="hidden" id="a3" name="a3" value="15">
(2013-09-25, 01:57 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]

Once again, editing through inspect element, firebug or any similar add-on will not save the changes thus the edits won't work.
(2013-09-25, 01:59 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-25, 01:57 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]

Once again, editing through inspect element, firebug or any similar add-on will not save the changes thus the edits won't work.

They only need to change it on their end, it still sends that information to PayPal.
This is me editing the value, changing it to 1337.
[attachment=30214]

This is what happens when I click the subscribe button.
[attachment=30215]
So it doesn't need to be stored anywhere.

I've tried paying and it doesn't add the subscription. So I guess if people do try it, I'll get free money.
It should not matter since the plugin checks the subscription price against what Paypal is returning to the plugin from the IPN call. If they do not match, then there is nothing done.