MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts a reply to a reply doesn't appear in the right sequence in threaded mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded mybb from 1.6.3 to 1.6.10. And when I did testing on the forum, I found this issue.

If a user posts a reply to a reply within a thread, in threaded mode it should appear below the original reply. Instead they are appearing at the bottom of the thread as if they are replies to the original post.

I appreciate if somebody can help to fix it.
I'm not sure what you're saying. It sounds like it's editing the original post instead of making a new post? Link or screenshot?
See the image I attached here (It seems you need to right click on the mouse and select 'open the link in a new tab' to view the image)

[Image: 9935132094]

The last 6 posts look like they replied to the original post (the first post in the thread), but actually they are the posts that replied to another post. But there are no indention to indicate that relationship.
it appears that they are posted within a short period of time - may be system was unable to track the reply sequence.
however when you have a good number of replies in a thread, it would be better to use linear mode.
Threaded mode is to be removed as a default feature in a future version of MyBB (2.0)
Thanks guys! I figured out the reason. In the 1.6.10 the url for "reply" button changed to,

<a href="newreply.php?tid=85&amp;replyto=289">

however in the template postbit_quote the code didn't get updated, so it still read as,

<a href="newreply.php?tid=85&amp;pid=289">

I updated the template and it's working fine now. But it worries me that why the template didn't get updated when the database got upgraded from 1.6.3 to 1.6.10. It might be the upgrade processing couldn't merge the changes that I made in the template.
^ oh, after upgrading MyBB, the system clearly indicates that there can be updated templates
and one has to manually find the updates and modify the code in the templates

admin panel >> templates >> Find Updated Templates
Right. Thanks! I will manually update the templates to 1.6.10.