MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem with SEO plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i use SEO plugin beta 3 of spicefuse,but if u copy a link and paste it to yahoo messenger,when your friends click this link,error 404..they have to copy the link in yahoo messenger then paste to IE...how to solve?if not,how to deactive this seo plugin and reconvert all links back to the normal
thanks
The original link must be wrong then Smile
so what is the problem and how to solve? i think it causes by my language forum
Well, what is the link supposed to be?
Can you give an example link and also please specify if your web host has "mod_rewrite" enabled and make sure the .htaccess file exists in root directory of your forum. i.e. if your forum directory is /forums/, the .htaccess file should exist in /forums/ directory.

Please post the content from the .htaccess file if it exists in your forums directory.
http://thaonguyenxinh.net/diendan/X%C3%B...ml#pid2526
http://thaonguyenxinh.net/diendan/X%C3%8...ml#pid2526

i realize when i copy the first link and send to someone in YM,they click the link and it changes to the second link, 404 error) but if u copy and paste into address bar of internet browser,it's ok...
here's my .htaccess in the root forum directory

Options -Indexes
Redirect /forum http://thaonguyenxinh.net/diendan

# //seo_mod_start
RewriteEngine On
# Uncomment the following and add your forum path if rewrites arent working properly
#RewriteBase /mybb/
RewriteRule ^index.html$ index.php [L,NE]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ showthread.php?tid=$2$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html$ showthread.php?tid=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$2$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-([0-9]+)-([a-z]+)(-|-[a-z]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$2&sortby=$3&order=$4&datecut=$5&page=$6$7 [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ announcements.php?aid=$2 [L]
# //seo_mod_end
any ideas thanks a lot!
Yes, I believe the language charset encoding is not being transfered properly. Sorry, but we cannot do anything about this without removing the actual title from the SEO link.
how i change back all links to the normal?
and why i type my nick in google,i see the link to mybb forum but not myforum?
xiaolin Wrote:how i change back all links to the normal?

Deactivate the plugin.

xiaolin Wrote:and why i type my nick in google,i see the link to mybb forum but not myforum?

This isn't a google support forum. Go ask them.
Tikitiki Wrote:Yes, I believe the language charset encoding is not being transfered properly. Sorry, but we cannot do anything about this without removing the actual title from the SEO link.

Yeah, the SEO plugin puts keywords in the URL which aren't rendered properly when you paste them in Yahoo (though should be ok on MSN), because of the multi-byte special language characters. The only option you have here is to disable the plugin, for now.
Pages: 1 2