MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Digitalocean is the best all the way! Great, professional, friendly support, good pricing, good UI. loyalty and customer care Wink
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if you're familiar with Vultr, it's a dirt cheap VPS & bare metal hosting service.

In my experience it's been a delight to work with, they even allow you to upload your own .ISO installation file.
 I've attached an image to show you the pricing and geekbench scores.

I was wondering how many users do you think Vultr could handle with myBB per day on the 2 CPU plan?

This would be a big help to know!

[Image: 2ze9cnn.jpg]
Host: Aspiration Hosting
Plan: Basic
Types of hosting offered: (I'm not sure, sorry)
Sites Hosted: pern.second-pass.net
Review: I've been with them since about 2014, and I've never had any issues. They are always swift and helpful when I have issues; they've helped me out even when I've ended up in situations where I thought I'd completely destroyed my site. They were suggested to me when I originally used SMF software, and I've stuck with them since the move to MyBB.
(2019-01-03, 10:18 AM)ZeoWorks Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if you're familiar with Vultr, it's a dirt cheap VPS & bare metal hosting service.

In my experience it's been a delight to work with, they even allow you to upload your own .ISO installation file.
 I've attached an image to show you the pricing and geekbench scores.

I was wondering how many users do you think Vultr could handle with myBB per day on the 2 CPU plan?

This would be a big help to know!

[Image: 2ze9cnn.jpg]

I've used Vultr before, and they're pretty good. I can't give any particularly good estimate regarding how many users a particular plan could handle as it depends on a lot of factors (eg: choice of web server - Nginx or Apache; which plugins are installed; which features are enabled; etc.).
(2019-01-03, 10:18 AM)ZeoWorks Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Acutely aware. We run our pabx on Vultr because it has a local DC. It's a relatively good service. But they get narky (and claim bank fraud - like seriously, jumping to that... seriously?) if you cancel a card, forget to update it and forget to tell them.
Preferably a free hosting. But I want to host things like 'leaks'. So like content which people can use like accounts etc. Many forums do this. However recently my hosts have been telling me that my account content has triggered  systems abuse filter detectors and has been suspended for RUNNING DOS SCRIPTS. I don't even know what this is? So anyone know any good free hosts that would allow me to host this?
(2019-04-21, 06:25 PM)forumloop Wrote: [ -> ]Preferably a free hosting. But I want to host things like 'leaks'. So like content which people can use like accounts etc. Many forums do this. However recently my hosts have been telling me that my account content has triggered  systems abuse filter detectors and has been suspended for RUNNING DOS SCRIPTS. I don't even know what this is? So anyone know any good free hosts that would allow me to host this?

For starters, read The Code of Conduct HERE.

To use MyBB and get support for your website, your website must meet The Code of Conduct.

Having said that...

There are very few free hosting companies that will allow this type of activity to be permitted on your website.
To host numerous files on your website will more than likely go way beyond the terms of the free hosting policies.

You are better off using a good reliable and cheap VPS setup. Go to my thread HERE and you will see 2 of the VPS companies that I recommended.
(2019-04-21, 10:23 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-21, 06:25 PM)forumloop Wrote: [ -> ]Preferably a free hosting. But I want to host things like 'leaks'. So like content which people can use like accounts etc. Many forums do this. However recently my hosts have been telling me that my account content has triggered  systems abuse filter detectors and has been suspended for RUNNING DOS SCRIPTS. I don't even know what this is? So anyone know any good free hosts that would allow me to host this?

To use MyBB and get support for your website, your website must meet The Code of Conduct.

Having said that...

There are very few free hosting companies that will allow this type of activity to be permitted on your website.
To host numerous files on your website will more than likely go way beyond the terms of the free hosting policies.

You are better off using a good reliable and cheap VPS setup. Go to my thread HERE and you will see 2 of the VPS companies that I recommended.

Thanks but I will probably move over to a VPS later on. Could you link me the free hosting companies that would allow this?
(2019-04-22, 10:22 AM)forumloop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-21, 10:23 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Having said that...

Thanks but I will probably move over to a VPS later on. Could you link me the free hosting companies that would allow this?

No, I will not because many of them will not allow what you want to do for your website.

Good luck.
Host: hostwinds.com
Plan: Shared (Basic) $6.99 (or $3.29 when we got it on sale).
Types of hosting offered: Shared, Cloud, VPS, Dedicated
Sites Hosted: lazarusns.com
Review: Found their services far more reliable than namecheap (our previous host) since we've moved this month. They are more limited in their physical memory capacity compared to other hosts on their basic plan i.e. around half a GB vs 1 GB on some other hosts, but it is more than enough for just a myBB forum. The only issue I found may or may not be related to the host, but smtp mail crashed the forum when I tried to implement it. They also offer free migration assistance and 24/7 live support. As for pricing it seems steep but they also offer things that other hosts don't on their basic plans, such as a free SSL and dedicated IP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13