MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Why has no one suggested OVH?
(2019-08-24, 07:36 AM)ArtForums Wrote: [ -> ]Why has no one suggested OVH?

Maybe because OVH is a bit overpriced?

I used to have my hosting with them only to find out that there were better and cheaper options out there.
Someone told me that most of their IPs are blacklisted due to abuse. Mainly because their VPS were cheap.
Which hosting is best for dedicated, managed servers?

I am looking for the best hosting to manage large volumes, but also managed as I have no experience in backend.

I've been recommended Vultr, A2Hosting, OVH, Xhosting and more. Please give recommendations of all and why I should use them.
(2019-09-03, 03:08 AM)fights Wrote: [ -> ]Which hosting is best for dedicated, managed servers?

Why do you need a dedicated server? Just out of interest.

It can depend on the host; you need to implicitly trust each and every person that touches your server - which is why I colocate. Nobody touches my box except me.
(2019-09-03, 03:23 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-03, 03:08 AM)fights Wrote: [ -> ]Which hosting is best for dedicated, managed servers?

It can depend on the host; you need to implicitly trust each and every person that touches your server - which is why I colocate. Nobody touches my box except me.
I am expecting a lot of traffic. With previous hosts, they became laggy very quickly and we experienced downtime and even failure.
(2019-09-03, 03:37 AM)fights Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-03, 03:23 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

I am expecting a lot of traffic. With previous hosts, they became laggy very quickly and we experienced downtime and even failure.

Did you select a server near to your users preferred location ? It is also a point to note

I am looking for the best hosting to manage large volumes, but also managed as I have no experience in backend.

I've been recommended Vultr, A2Hosting, OVH, Xhosting and more. Please give recommendations of all and why I should use them.

I've been using OVH (dedicated) for years and I haven't any trouble. I had tried VPS and forget them, not so good imho. But I'm used to manage linux servers, so I'm not the best example for you Smile
I know I'm bumping this thread a bit, but I wanted to mention Ramnode if anyone is looking for a decent VPS host that's affordable. I've been using them for years. Their prices are good and their servers are pretty reliable.

They are an unmanaged VPS host (so you'll have to have a little Linux experience to get running). They aren't particularly suitable for someone without any prior Linux experience, but if Linux is familiar to you, it's usually not too hard to get them running. I often find that it's a lot easier than people expect it to be with good tutorials.

There are a number of other affordable VPS solutions out there as well (Linode, DigitalOcean, or even OVH). It's worth considering if you have a semi-busy website and you're on a tight budget! Smile
+1 for RamNode. I tried a few providers a few years ago and they were the only one I had no issues with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13