MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2016-03-10, 08:28 AM)Richardrell Wrote: [ -> ]1. The webhost has to offer Windows as the operating system of the server.

If this is a requirement, I'd recommend getting a VPS.
(2016-03-10, 08:28 AM)Richardrell Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I am a software developer and I'm looking to sell some software. I'm mainly going to be running a forum, but I also need a bit of storage space for this software, so I figure that I only need shared web hosting. 

The software that I'm selling is a .exe file using the .NET framework. Now I'm going to have a PHP script which executes an encrypter which then encrypts my .exe file, then the PHP script will take a copy of the file and move it to a new folder and then zip it. The zipped files will be deleted every 2 or 3 months, and shouldn't take up more space than around 2-3 GB (that is all the files combined).

For that to work, I need this rquirements:
1. The webhost has to offer Windows as the operating system of the server.
2. No PHP restrictions. Well, at least it can't block functions like exec.
3. At least 10GB storage space, and an option to upgrade. I'm looking for a webhost that has good and fast support (so 24/7, or close to that) and I'd also like SSL as an option.
4. I prefer to host in european server (it's my consideration about the site speed)

I found that hostforlife meet my requirements after i read this review http://reviewhostingasp.net/best-asp-net...in-europe/ 

Are you guys are familiar with this hosting provider? if not, i'm hoping that some of you have a good sites in mind. Thanks in advance Smile

I think you need something like https://m.do.co/c/2bccdfa4f548 (DigitalOcean)
They are really good in my opinion, they are a vps host.

Nevermind, i just realized they don't have Windows Sad sorry!
(2016-03-16, 09:04 AM)mssushii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 08:28 AM)Richardrell Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I am a software developer and I'm looking to sell some software. I'm mainly going to be running a forum, but I also need a bit of storage space for this software, so I figure that I only need shared web hosting. 

The software that I'm selling is a .exe file using the .NET framework. Now I'm going to have a PHP script which executes an encrypter which then encrypts my .exe file, then the PHP script will take a copy of the file and move it to a new folder and then zip it. The zipped files will be deleted every 2 or 3 months, and shouldn't take up more space than around 2-3 GB (that is all the files combined).

For that to work, I need this rquirements:
1. The webhost has to offer Windows as the operating system of the server.
2. No PHP restrictions. Well, at least it can't block functions like exec.
3. At least 10GB storage space, and an option to upgrade. I'm looking for a webhost that has good and fast support (so 24/7, or close to that) and I'd also like SSL as an option.
4. I prefer to host in european server (it's my consideration about the site speed)

I found that hostforlife meet my requirements after i read this review http://reviewhostingasp.net/best-asp-net...in-europe/ 

Are you guys are familiar with this hosting provider? if not, i'm hoping that some of you have a good sites in mind. Thanks in advance Smile

I think you need something like https://m.do.co/c/2bccdfa4f548 (DigitalOcean)
They are really good in my opinion, they are a vps host.

Nevermind, i just realized they don't have Windows Sad sorry!

They would have been my recommendation as well, if they did Toungue
has anyone ever used Blazingfast? are they good or maybe decent? I'm considering getting a linux vps from them and move my forums there.
(2016-03-22, 10:14 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]has anyone ever used Blazingfast? are they good or maybe decent? I'm considering getting a linux vps from them and move my forums there.

Owned by a couple of sketchy teenagers in Europe somewhere. False advertising of their network capacity too.
(2016-03-22, 10:14 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]has anyone ever used Blazingfast? are they good or maybe decent? I'm considering getting a linux vps from them and move my forums there.

Just grab a VPS over at OVH, more server locations, good DDOS protection, and reputable.
(2016-03-23, 10:39 AM)Boonie Wrote: [ -> ]

Just grab a VPS over at OVH, more server locations, good DDOS protection, and reputable.

I asked a while ago about OVH's VPS's on some forum and everyone said it was good and they also think the same about the company.
I use their shared hosting and it's really good Smile
So here are some free Shared Hosts and other free services for MyBB and other usage.

Shared Hosting
1. ZeroMB - 500MB SSD storage with 50GB /m bandwidth and Latest Updated cpanel, Server location Phoenix. Provider DewlanceVPS
2. GoogieHost - They started as a YouHosting reseller but now they have their own Servers to provide hassle free Cpanel Hosting with Let'sEncrypt free SSL installer, 1GB storage and unmetered Fair use bandwidth.
3. GigaRank - if you have time to post then i'll suggest GigaRank for Shared Hosting.
4. Host-ed i never tried them yet but according to their reviews its a good hosting provider for small sites.

Shield and firewall
1. Cloudflare - Have their own firewall and wildcard comodo SSL for every domain you have on your account.
2. inshield.co - Its new but have strong protection from layer 5/7 attacks they provide only firewall no addon.

Free VPS
There is no such host that can promise free VPS without anything in return, but we have some post for VPS communities, according to my experience i found only three trusted and active communities.
1. FreeVPS.us the  oldest free post 4 vps provider with a great user base and active staff.
2. Freedomain.club they provides free domain as well as VPSs for points you earned through your posts.
3. Post4VPS.com They founded in late 2015 with active staff and community members.
4. Gigarank They also provides free VPSs.

If you found anything wrong in my post you can write it to me, i'll check it as soon as i can.
Hello all,

I'm setting up a forum, and after Phase 1: selecting the forum software, I'm starting Phase 2: finding a host.

So:
  • How good/bad are hosts with pre-installed MyBB, like MyBBWebHost or PeopleHost? I
  • Is it worth the extra cost?
  • Are there other ones?
  • What difference does it make in practice to be on a shared server v.s. a VPS?
(2016-09-28, 04:09 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I'm setting up a forum, and after Phase 1: selecting the forum software, I'm starting Phase 2: finding a host.

So:
  • How good/bad are hosts with pre-installed MyBB, like MyBBWebHost or PeopleHost?
  • Is it worth the extra cost?
  • Are there other ones?
  • What difference does it make in practice to be on a shared server v.s. a VPS?

Here are my opinions.
  • There is nothing like pre-installed MyBB they simply copy the MyBB files to your web space so you can start the installation. However i not like them much.
  • Extra cost for what? for Resources it can be a good investment if your forum is growing alot other then its just waste of money.
  • There are many hosting providers who provides such things but with different methods like with the help of softaculous, installatron, fantastico,etc not recommended though.
  • In shared host you have a shared space like shared memory, shared bandwidth, shared CPU,etc but in VPS your resources are completely your own. VPSs are costly then shared web hosts(for same resources) but they highly recommended for serious websites also you can easily install MyBB on a VPS with just few steps. Getting trouble installing MyBB? you can contact anyone from MyBB community(who knows a little about MyBB) including me.

Hope it help you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13