MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Zaqre has been spreading a lot of hate towards A2Hosting without actually providing any evidence when asked; and now to IcyBoards as well. I'd just ignore him.
(2016-10-01, 07:58 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: [ -> ]Last question:

Can a moderately active MyBB forum (<100 concurrent users) run in a LAMP server with 512M of RAM or will it need more?

512mb RAM is enough for <100 active users however by installing each webserver module by yourself is highly recommended instead of a package who contains everything you need to run a webserver.

@Zaqre if you have any problems with the host you simply ask them to resolve your problems. A2hosting is one of the trusted webhost around, also IcyBoards is free and you can't except them to give you Server access?

@Ben Cousins though Icyboards is also not preinstalled they run the installer from the signup form, but one thing that amazed me is the shared core for entire MyBB forums on IcyBoards.
Hi Everyone, 

First time poster... 

I'm wanting to set up a MyBB for my rpg group.  In addition to the forum, I know I would like to be able to host a group chat / shoutbox, some micro blogging and a wiki to keep track of information. 

Are you aware of a hosting provider you've been satisfied with, who supports MyBB 1.8 and has sufficient coverage of plugins (or willingness to add additional ones) to allow those major features?

Thanks in advance!
Brennan
There are a lot of good hosting companies that support MyBB, softalicious is a software which allows instant installation of MyBB without any hassles. This is an old thread on host recommendations :-
<- snip ->

If you are stuck with shared hosting from dreamhost, bluehost or hostgator than this thread should help
https://wallbb.co.uk/best-mybb-forum-hos...dreamhost/

Hope it helps

Regards
WallBB
Thanks Wall for share this info, i want to transfer my site from godaddy shared hosting.
Hello there. If you don't mind your website to be hosted abroad, I'd definetely suggest guzel.net.tr (Turkish), which I use their services for years for all of my different projects without any problems. It's very cheap and has an awesome support (Turkish, but I don't think you'll ever need a help). The most expensive linux host's monthly price is approximately 5 dolar, limitless* and every hosting plan comes with free SSL, support latest versions of PHP, CPANEL etc.
Click here for Cpanel also vps/cloud hosting massive storage AND webmail! great ddos protection
x10 hosting
Really?
x10hosting can't do much!
I would like to suggest A Small Orange. I'm currently using them for three different forums as well as my personal site. I'm using shared hosting, they do however have different options if you're not looking for shared.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13